Is it possible to create a button that launches the Find box

SimonPerry

...instead of the user having to press the "Control Key" and "F"?? I have a lot of data in a sheet that users will need to find a particular record to then update, I wondered if it's possible to add a simple button to find a particular row to then allow updating of the data???

Thanks for your help

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
Good morning SimonPerry

Why do you mean by a button? You could place the ready made icon onto a toolbar. Go to Tools > Customize and under the Commands tab (Categories) go to Edit and find in the Commands list Find. Drag it onto an exisitng toolbar.

HTH

DominicB

Upvote 0
SimonPerry

You can customise your toolbar and add a button to launch the 'Find' box. The steps are:
Tools|Customise...|Commands|Categories: Edit|Commands: scroll down to find the 'Find' command|drag the 'Find' command up to your tollbar and release|Close the 'Customise dialog

Upvote 0
Thanks for both of your suggestion however I want the button to appear on the sheet itself rather than the toolbar...

I'm going to try the other suggestion of assigning that VB to my button, is that easy to do???

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
audette89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back