Is it possible to create a Cell that will have a Hyperlink to return Information from a MFG Website?

hammerhead13

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
Is it possible to create a Cell that will have a Hyperlink to return Information from a MFG Website? What i am looking to do is that I have a List of Computers that I want to have the ability to click a Link in a Cell that refers to a Serial Number to check HP Warranty Information on Official HP® Warranty Check for Printers, Laptops and Other Products | HP® Customer Support. I have found ways to do it with Support Pages since they have Static info in the Hyperlink. Any Help is greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
as the support pages have nice static URLs it should be possible, you need to use the =HYPERLINK function.

Assuming your serial number is in cell A1, it would be something like -
Code:
=HYPERLINK("https://support.hp.com/us-en/warrantyresult?serialNo="&A1,"Warranty info")

this would link to the status page based on that serial. (assuming i've got the URL right)

If your looking to pull the actual status from the site that's a different kettle of fish.

Upvote 0
as the support pages have nice static URLs it should be possible, you need to use the =HYPERLINK function.

Assuming your serial number is in cell A1, it would be something like -
Code:
=HYPERLINK("https://support.hp.com/us-en/warrantyresult?serialNo="&A1,"Warranty info")

this would link to the status page based on that serial. (assuming i've got the URL right)

If your looking to pull the actual status from the site that's a different kettle of fish.
Thank you for the Reply! This works for the Support pages and such but for Warranty you have to manually enter the Serial Number on the Official HP® Warranty Check for Printers, Laptops and Other Products | HP® Customer Support Page.

Upvote 0
but when you manually enter it and press check it directs you to there? so we're just skipping the entry of the code.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmmotairi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back