Is it possible to create a Data Dump that will update realtime?

blue_izce8

Hi all - Please help me create a very basic formula on how i could create a single data dump file. I'm fairly new in excel and still learning things. Here's what I would need to do.automatically transfer the data saved in the Raw Data sheet of all 13 employees.

Each employee has their own individual tracker that they update daily. They use Sheet1 to encode the data, there is a save button that they will have to click in order to transfer it to the Raw Data Sheet. I would like to know what formula i can use to transfer all the information from the individual Raw Data Sheet to a Dump File real time.

Thank you in advance.

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
Hi,

Not sure if it can be done with a formula, but you can use code for this.
Perhaps another member can tell you if it can be done via formula.

Upvote 0
Im a beginner in excel and know nothing about codes yet. can you help me create one for this with an explanation in order for me to learn? Thanks

Upvote 0
HI,

You have 13 users that will update the "Raw Sheet Data" you will need to have this file set up so it can be shared.
Also we need to know what the data range is that you want copied to the "Raw" sheet.
Also need to know it the data once copied to Raw will be deleted? If not removed we need to know what was copied and what need to be copied.
As you can see there are variables. If you can let us know all that you can.
If I do not get back to you perhaps another member will pick up and help you.

Upvote 0
thank you. below are the things that you guys would need:

We have a standard file that each employee use. on this file there is a Raw data sheet where all encoded transactions are saved.
data to be transferred to the Master Dump File will be collated from individual Raw Data sheets.
Columns A:L from the Raw data are the information that I need to collate.

Basically, i just need something that will collate the information in every Raw Data sheet in 1 file (dump file)

Upvote 0
Please help me find the most appropriate solution to my problem and be more efficient at work. Thanks

Upvote 0
HI,

The following code is a "Test" only code. But being you not familiar with codes it would be more help full if you can
attach a copy of a redacted file of the users worksheet and a the dump file formated as the way you want it.
This would benefit the members in your request. And to I and the other members are probably working on other projects.
So if this is a "Urgent" matter there are sites that yo can go too and Pay them.

This code should be copied to a code module.

Code:
Sub DumpFiles()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Dim ws As Worksheet
Dim Dws As Worksheet
Set ws = Sheets("Sheet1")
Set Dws = Sheets("Sheet2")
Dim lrow As Long
Dim Dlrow As Long ''used for the dump sheet
''''
''last row in users worksheet
''We will in this test copy the first row( not the header row )
''' to the last row up to Column L'
''' the last row code
lrow = ws.Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row '''for the users list
''' now copy the data to the dump sheet ''
'' we also need to know the row to copy the data to in the Dump sheet
Dlrow = Dws.Range("a65536").End(xlUp).Row + 1 ''we add 1 because its the next empty row
'' this shoul copy the data
ws.Range("A2:L" & lrow).Copy Destination:=Dws.Range("A" & Dws)
'' Now we are done ''

End Sub

Upvote 0
Hi CharlesH, thank you for checking my thread again, i appreciate it...I'm afraid my request is a bit difficult to complete and i'm so happy that you were able to help me out :)

I sent you the sample file that the employees use and a sample Dump File because i can't find a way to attach it here (stupid me). The Dump File is just basic. It's patterned from the Raw Data sheet of the employee since I just want to consolidate the data in 1 file.

Upvote 0
Hi,

You sent me the "File".I did not get anything from you>
PM me your email and then I'll send you mine so yo can send a example file.
This will as mentioned take time to look at.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BatCoder

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back