Is it possible to do a rolling sum of 12 months that changes with the 1st of a new month?

JWPratt8

Hi All,

i'm trying to get a set of figures to sum over the last 12 months automatically. Therefore i want to be able to sum up the last 12 months figures and when the 1st of a new month commences i want the formula to essentially move along so that the last 12 months are up to date. For example:

If this month is Jun-13, i want to total Jul-12:Jun-13 then when the date is July 1st i want the total to be Aug-12:Jul-13.

I tried using a Sum, Offset & Count formula: [=SUM(OFFSET(L4,0,COUNT(L4:BB4)-12,1,12))] which would have worked if there weren't already figures in the up and coming months (cannot change this as the cells contain formula's that calculate future figures, which is essentially calculated as 0 due the fact that the future motnhs havent yet occured, but this formula reads this as a current figure and reads the incorrect last 12 months).

My months are on row 2 and span from F:BB, my figures are on row 4 and span from F:BB.

Can anyone help me with this?

Many Thanks,

James.

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
Something went wrong there, it came back as "False". I'm just looking for the sum of the latest 12 months on a rolling monthly basis.

James.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
test111

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back