Is it possible to name filtered criteria in Advanced Filter?

ie1002

If you have a table of data, say:

NameAgeGender
John Smith45Male
Jane Smith44Female

<tbody>
</tbody>

To which you apply an advanced filter which returns cells with ‘Male’ in the Gender field, is it then possible to assign a name to that filter i.e. return a separate column which will say ‘Men’ for all rows containing ‘Male’?

That would essentially give you mapping for the various filters so that Males would be Men and Females would be Women in this scenario. Is it possible to do that without having that specific mapped column in your source data?

Yongle

Office Version
Platform
Windows
Have a look at Custom View (see View tab)

It allows you to save many different views of your data
- save a view with male filter
- save a view with female filter

allstarphg

guys, ineed help how to separate male and female result with high to low sorting?

NAME SCORE
max 5
william 3
susan 7
john 7
cindy 9
lucy 2
thomas 4
jacob 11
lily 9

male score (high to low) score female score (high to low) score

RoryA

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
365, 2019, 2016, 2010
Platform
Windows, MacOS
Do you have a gender column somewhere?

RoryA

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
365, 2019, 2016, 2010
Platform
Windows, MacOS
Just include that column in the sort then. ;)

Also, for future reference, please note the forum rule on cross-posting and comply with it. Thanks.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JimUSMC

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• VBA (Userform)
    Hi All, I just would like to know why my code isn't working. Here is my VBA code: [CODE=vba]Private Sub OKButton_Click() Dim i As Integer...
  • List box that changes fill color
    Hello, I have gone through so many pages trying to figure this out. I have a 2020 calendar that depending on the day needs to have a certain...
  • Remove duplicates and retain one. Cross-linked cases
    Hi all I ran out of google keywords to use and still couldn't find a reference how to achieve the results of a single count. It would be great if...
  • VBA Copy and Paste With Duplicates
    Hello All, I'm in need of some input. My VBA skills are sub-par at best. I've assembled this code from basic research and it works but is...
  • Macro
    is it possible for a macro to run if the active cell value is different to the value above it
  • IF DATE and TIME
    I currently use this to check if date has passed but i also need to set a time on it too. Is it possible? [CODE=vba]=IF(B:B>TODAY(),"Not...