Is it possible to return a PowerPivot calculated column to an Excel table?

cr731

If I have a data table and in that table in Power Pivot, I have some calculated columns - is there any possible way to get the values of the calculated column back into the table in Excel (as opposed to only have acccess to those calculated columns in a pivot table)?

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
I don't think so. What have you calculated that you can't do with regular formulas?

Upvote 0
You can return any datapoint from your PowerPivot data tables to an Excel cell with CUBE formulas. Just search a bit on that in the forum. To get started you can create a pivot with that calculated column and than go to options->OLAP Tools->convert to formulas. This will convert all data from the Pivot into CUBE formulas. These formulas you can use in any "standard" Excel calculations.

Upvote 0
I don't think so. What have you calculated that you can't do with regular formulas?

Well, I was hoping to gain performance/efficiency from using a Powerpivot table. I have a table of about 50,000 rows and need to use multiple MIN(IF statements which would require arrays in regular Excel; and in Powerpivot I could use the CALCULATE formula. Is that more efficient though?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ksonnia

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back