Is it possible to use a spill formula to populate a table with Text from multiple worksheets?

rkaczano

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hoping to avoid using VBA for this specific task.

I typically add data across worksheets using the following syntax below:

=SUM('<<Start:End>>'!A1)

The idea being that I can add up all the data in all the cell A1s as long the data resides in worksheets that sit inside two worksheets called "<<Start" and "End>>". So if I had 5,10,15,20 in Cells A1 on those sheets SUM('<<Start:End>>'!A1) returns the value 50.

So is it possible to create a dynamic spill formula (or some form of concatenate formula) that uses that same logic to pull text (instead of values) from cell A1 and spill into a dynamic range? Assume I have "cat", "dog", "bird, and "hamster" in cells A1 as described above in between two worksheets called "<<Start" and "End>>". On a separate worksheet I want to pull and display the data as follows using a formula that reads the text data in those cells. The idea hers is that it has to be dynamic so that when I add a worksheet in between '<<Start:End>>'!A1 the formula picks up the data in cell A1 of the new worksheet

SomeFunction('<<Start:End>>'!A1) - pulls text from multiple cells in A1

cat
dog
bird
hamster

Thanks

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

Maybe
Excel Formula:
=TEXTJOIN(", ",,Start:End!A1)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back