Is it possible?

KyleOliver

Hi,

I want to know if what I am thinking is possible and if so what should I Google to find out more?

I have 5 workbooks, each workbook represents five different branches of a company and each workbook has worksheet tabs from January to December (12 tabs in total) in which an invoice is for that specific month.

Each branch will order the same products in various quantities but the company wants all five invoices combined into one invoice including a product plus all the various quantities combined into one.

Example;

January invoice in the Master Excel Workbook
Workbook 1 (Branch 1) ordered Table cloths x 5 @ R10 each = R50
Workbook 2 (Branch 2) ordered Table cloths x 1 @ R10 each = R10
Workbook 3 (Branch 3) ordered Table cloths x 7 @ R10 each = R70
Workbook 4 (Branch 4) ordered Table cloths x 3 @ R10 each = R30
Workbook 5 (Branch 5) ordered Table cloths x 10@ R10 each = R100
The total Table Cloths ordered by all 5 branches for January was 26 table cloths equating to R260

The Master workbook must combine all of the above worksheets invoices for January into one invoice for the company for January as follows;

January invoice
Table cloths x 26 @ R10 each = 260

I don't want the master invoice for January to duplicate the Table Cloth product but it must add up all the Table Cloths ordered for January by each branch including the total cost for all Table cloths ordered for January for each branch.

I hope what I am asking makes sense.

Do any of you intelligent Excel people out there know who how to solve this problem?

Regards,
Kyle :confused:

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
Hi KyleOliver If I understand what you are asking, I would answer your question in the affirmative. It should not be difficult to create a Summary tab that adds up the table cloth orders across all branches for January (etc.). I can imagine a column for each branch with the total summed at the right in a total column. I hope this gets things started.

Upvote 0
Hi KyleOliver If I understand what you are asking, I would answer your question in the affirmative. It should not be difficult to create a Summary tab that adds up the table cloth orders across all branches for January (etc.). I can imagine a column for each branch with the total summed at the right in a total column. I hope this gets things started.

Hi goesr,

Many thanks for your reply, it is appreciated!

I think I just over thought the problem, but your reply has helped me, thank-you!

Regards,
Kyle

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back