' ' is not a valid name

tcnt9176

Board Regular
I am trying to import an 2007 excel spreadsheet to 2007 access table and I receive this error "' ' is not a valid name."

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.

Joe4

MrExcel MVP, Junior Admin
Office Version
Platform
Windows
Sounds to me like you have a column with no header on it. If that is not the case, you may have a blank column that it is trying to import.

Do all of you columns have a header?
If you hit CTRL-END, does it go to the last row/column that you expect? If it goes out further, delete all the blanks columns between that column and the end of your data, save, and try again.

Padawan018

Board Regular
I am receiving this error when trying to convert an SAP data dump to a recordset in Excel. I have the named range set to the exact area so I don't have any extra columns. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

22strider

It appears that this error is coming up because of many possible reasons. I was able to get rid of it in my case by reducing length of one column heading. During creation of multi level queries didn't realize that the column heading swell to a long string. Renaming the column got rid of this issue for me. By the way I was getting this error when exporting query result to excel.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ishipra

This Week's Hot Topics

• Finding issue in If elseif else with For each Loop
    Finding issue in If elseif else with For each Loop I have tried this below code but i'm getting in Y column filled with W005. Colud you please...
  • MsgBox Error
    Hi Guys, I have the below error show up when i try and run my macro in File1 but works fine if i copy and paste the same code into file2. [ATTACH...
  • CELL FORMAT - IF CONDITION
    My Cell Format is [B]""0.00" Cr". [/B]But in the cell, it is showing 123.00 for editing. (123 is entry figure). (Data imported from other...
  • Show numbers nearly the same
    Is this possible. I have a number that can change very time eg 0.00001234 Then I have a lot of numbers 0.0000001, 0.0000002, 0.00000004...
  • Please i need your help to create formula
    I need a formula in cell B8 to do this >>if b1=1 then multiply ( cell b8) by 10% ,if b1=2 multiply by 20%,if=3 multiply by 30%. Thank you in...
  • Got error while adding column and filter
    Got error while adding column and filter In column Z has some like "Success" and "Error". I want to add column in AA if the Z cell value is...