Is Textbox order in userform important when transfering to database?

jptaz

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

Let's say you have a userform with 5 multipages and 500 textboxes. Every textbox are named Txt1 to Txt500 and divided on each multipage (Txt1 to 99 on page 1, Txt100 to 199 on page 2 and so on...)

If I forgot a textbox on page 1, is it important to name it in the same order as the other (Txt100 for instance) and rename every other textboxes that follows? Can this cause any problem, error or slow-down when addind to a database if I just put a Txt501 in there? How VBA sees all these textboxes when they are in multipages?

Thank you for your time

JP

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
depending on what you are doing with the text boxes, it shouldn't matter as long as you are referencing properly.

However with that many textboxes, it will take a long long time just to build it, and you have a high chance of making a little mistake like the one you mentioned. depending on how they are laid out, you might want to consider using for loops and a class module to create these items on the fly.

Upvote 0
depending on what you are doing with the text boxes, it shouldn't matter as long as you are referencing properly.

However with that many textboxes, it will take a long long time just to build it, and you have a high chance of making a little mistake like the one you mentioned. depending on how they are laid out, you might want to consider using for loops and a class module to create these items on the fly.
Thanks for your answer. I think I'm referencing correctly and already using for loops. I'll try going for it as it's far less time consuming ;)

thanks again

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarahmed1

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back