Is the SUBTOTAL Formula correct in this instance?

koppahollic

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
I am simply trying to calculate a percent clicked figure (in regard to email campaign metrics) that will update accordingly when applying filters to the data.

In my spreadsheet for example.... In Column M (M5-204), I have the number of clicks and in Column G (G5-204) is the number of emails sent. I have a results section in rows 1-4 that re-calculates metrics based on when filters are applied to the data (sorting by email campaign for example). The calculation itself is simple... Column M divided by Column G will give you the percent clicked figure I'm after. But I can't figure out how to make that particular results cell automatically update when I filter the data.

I have been able to use the Subtotal Formula fine for calculating one column of data. But can this be used for calculating a formula with two columns of data like I'm trying to do above, if so do you mind sharing what that formula looks like?

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
The following formula won't calculate for me (just trying to get an email open % to be specific)...

=SUBTOTAL(2,SUM(M5:M204)/SUM(G5:G204))

Just the sum of one column divided by the sum of another column as a %. I am trying to get this to work so when I filter my data the cell will automatically update to reflect.

Is this possible?

Upvote 0
It sounds like you want:

=SUBTOTAL(9,M5:M204)/SUBTOTAL(9,G5:G204))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mirek8991

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back