is there a formula to get rid of decimals in an excel cell?

cantona_007

Hi,

I'm really new to excel (2007). But i've managed to create a worksheet that tracks payments for me and my coworkers. I made it such that it tracks the outcome of post-dated payments as well. i used one of the conditional formatting options (3 symbols circled)... so if there's a payment posting today... i enter 1, and then a checkmark is displayed right next to it, if its one for a future date i enter 0.5 and then an exclamation mark is displayed, and if a payment doesnt go thru i enter 0 and then a red x mark is displayed.

Now, the problem is i also have a running total that keeps track of how many payments you've had for the month. only that when i enter the 0.5 it adds to your total and i dont want this. is there a formula that would make the running total ignore the 0.5 and only add the 1 to its total??

Thank you so much.

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
Hi,

I'm don't think I completely understand your question, but if your trying to add only the 1's in a range (e.g. A1 to A5), you can try something like this:

=SUMIF(A1:A5,1)

Upvote 0
Yes. this is exactly what i need to add only the # 1 in the running total! thank you soooooo much!!!! jheeze!! i've been troubling myself with trunc, rounddown roundup formulae for like a week!!! to no avail.... thanks so much... this has really really helped!!!

thanks alot to you both!

Upvote 0
sorry one last thing...
How do i protect the worksheet so other users wont be able to edit or modify anything...just like a read-only, or i suppose input-only kinda thing??

thanks so much.

Upvote 0
one final thing (i promise)... is there a way i can lock the scroll bar to a specific range like say from A1:P70...this way the scroll bar wont go beyond that range??

thanks again.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b1step2far

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back