Is there a way to add Menu like names to the QAT...?

chazrab

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I would like to add custom names instead of predefined icons ACROSS the QAT( from left to right). I know you can do this with the regular menu tabs, but I want to this same thing with the QAT. The word names would read across the QAT like "Category Report" - "Credit card Report"...and so on. A click on each QAT menu item would run a macro. Does anyone know a way to do this or even if it can be done? I do not care if these are created icons, or not.

Thanks for anyone's help on this

cr

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
I see lots of people here from time to time who want easy ways to activate scripts without having buttons all over their sheets or having to remember shortcuts keys.

What I do is:
1. Create a small UserForm
2. Put numerous "Option" buttons on the UserForm
3. With Option Buttons they come automatically with a label
4. Enter some text on the option button label describing what this button does
5. Assign a script to the option button
6. Write a script which activates the Userform like this: UserForm1.show Modeless
Using Modeless means you can work on your sheet with the UserForm displayed on the sheet.
7. In the Vba Project window Drag your Userform into your "Personal" Workbook
8. Also drag the module with the script which activates your UserForm into the "Personal Workbook"
9. Now go into the Options windows of Excel and drag the Macro which activates the UserForm into the QAT
10. When you then click on the icon in the QAT your UserForm will popup you can then click on your Option Button which will cause some actions to occur depending what was in the script you assigned to that option button.

Doing it this way you can put numerous Option buttons on the Userform which will launch numerous scripts.

The Userform will be available for any Workbook this way. The UserForm can be placed anywhere you want in your window.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vmanchoppy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back