Is there a way to format a cell (text) so that Text won't spill on the next adjacent cell

mtheriault2000

Hello

Maybe an amateur question, but never find a nice solution yet.

On my sheet, I got some column that the cells are formatted as text. When I copy data in those cell, the string spill over the next column until I write some data in the adjacent cell

I don't like that as the sheet is to be use has a database and I like to see my info in an orderly manner.

Is there a way to format a Text cell so it stick to it visually? I don't mind If I don't see the entire string of text, as long as I know that info is there. As mentioned, the only solution that I found is to write a space in the next colum cell

Ex:
Free image hosting for your screenshots + free screen capture tool

Martin

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
Maybe one of these will work well for you:

1. Format the text column as Wrap Text. Go to Home Ribbon, Alignment Group, Wrap Text icon. Excel may increase the height of the row in order to display all the text. You can change the row height to suit your needs.

2. Format the text column as Shrink to Fit. Select cell, right click, select Format Cells from menu, select Alignment Tab, check box for Shrink to Fit. Excel will use a small enough font size to squeeze the text in the size of the cell you provide.

Best of luck,

G/L

Upvote 0
Or just double click on the dividing line between the column headers and the column will autofit

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dreamz high

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back