Is there a way to make the day's name show up automatically in a header?

Marq

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a form I print out every day..and in the top right custom header I have the &[DATE], which automatically gives the current date in top right corner of form when printed.

I'd also like to have the actual day's name show up automatically under the date. I tried putting below it &[DAY] but it didn't work.

any suggestions how to make this happen?

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
Does this work?
Excel Formula:
&TEXT([DATE],"dddd")

Upvote 0
Does this work?
Excel Formula:
&TEXT([DATE],"dddd")
oops!..I meant custom header.

I changed my original post to specify the custom header section.

Im not sure if custom headers can be formulated??

Upvote 0
There is a simple way to find out.
Why not try and see if it works?
The only thing I could think doing was &[Day]...to mimic the auto date in custom header.....but all it would show up as is Day] when I print it

Upvote 0
You will have to forgive me, I really don't use Forms much in Excel. How do you put headers in Forms?
I know how to put headers on the worksheet itself, but it looks like my suggestion does not work like that.
Here is a link to show how you would do it for a worksheet: How do I get the day of the week on the header with the date
Not sure if you can incorporate the same type of solution for Forms.

Upvote 0
You will have to forgive me, I really don't use Forms much in Excel. How do you put headers in Forms?
I know how to put headers on the worksheet itself, but it looks like my suggestion does not work like that.
Here is a link to show how you would do it for a worksheet: How do I get the day of the week on the header with the date
Not sure if you can incorporate the same type of solution for Forms.
right..the custom headers are limited....but I figured if u could have an auto date in a custom header and an auto time, then why couldn't you have an auto day of the week name in a custom header?

Upvote 0
Can you explain exactly how you put headers in Forms?
I searched, and cannot find anything on how to put headers on Excel forms.
I wouldn't mind playing around with it, but l need to know how you are adding headers to your forms.

Upvote 0
Can you explain exactly how you put headers in Forms?
I searched, and cannot find anything on how to put headers on Excel forms.
I wouldn't mind playing around with it, but l need to know how you are adding headers to your forms.
sure..go to page layout ...then click the little arrow at bottom right corner which brings you the page set up window..click on headers/footers tab....then click on custom header and there you will see your left, center and right headers and you can click on the options presented OR type in your own info.

Upvote 0
sure..go to page layout ...then click the little arrow at bottom right corner which brings you the page set up window..click on headers/footers tab....then click on custom header and there you will see your left, center and right headers and you can click on the options presented OR type in your own info.
That is how to do it on a Worksheet. I thought you said that you were doing this on a Form.
Choice of words is very important here. Forms are very different than Worksheets.
Is this really a user Form that has been created in VBA, or is it really a worksheet (that you are just calling a Form)?

Note that if this is just a worksheet, you can use the VBA code in the previous link I provided to do this.
It looks like to do what you want will require VBA. It does not appear that it can be done manually.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moonlight6

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back