Is there a way to navigate through a formula's precedents, jumping from one to the next?

alexcr

It's very useful to be able to press CTRL+[ in order to navigate to the first precedent/reference in a formula. (And then to press F5 to jump back to the formula.) However, what if a formula has multiple precendents/references, including some or all that appear on a different worksheet? It would be super useful to be able to continue to navigate through a formula's precedents, jumping from one to the next, in the order that the appear in the formula. Is there a way to do this?

Johnny Thunder

Office Version
Platform
MacOS
For this, I always use the Formula Ribbon> Evaluate formula.

Reason being, I don't care to look at the precedents, I actually only care about what each piece of the formula returns. You could always use the Trace Precedents as well on the same tab.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpenning

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• VBA (Userform)
    Hi All, I just would like to know why my code isn't working. Here is my VBA code: [CODE=vba]Private Sub OKButton_Click() Dim i As Integer...
  • List box that changes fill color
    Hello, I have gone through so many pages trying to figure this out. I have a 2020 calendar that depending on the day needs to have a certain...
  • Remove duplicates and retain one. Cross-linked cases
    Hi all I ran out of google keywords to use and still couldn't find a reference how to achieve the results of a single count. It would be great if...
  • VBA Copy and Paste With Duplicates
    Hello All, I'm in need of some input. My VBA skills are sub-par at best. I've assembled this code from basic research and it works but is...
  • Macro
    is it possible for a macro to run if the active cell value is different to the value above it
  • IF DATE and TIME
    I currently use this to check if date has passed but i also need to set a time on it too. Is it possible? [CODE=vba]=IF(B:B>TODAY(),"Not...