Is there a way to pull columns from multiple Tables/Ranges and use Filter or Sort?

c.clavin

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
Hi guys, I'm stuck on what I believe to be a complicated one. I'm trying to employ data from 4 sheets to merge into one glanceable sheet.

The sheets I'm pulling data from are;
1. Master Items (teal)
2. Current Inventory (blue)
3. Pending Sales (red)
4. Purchase Orders (yellow)

I get the error 'You can't change part of an array' any time I attempt to filter or sort any of my columns on my results/glanceable sheet. Is there anything I can be doing to change this? Or if not, is there a different approach I should take?
I'm on the verge of tears I've been at this for so long. If anyone could please help I would GREATLY appreciate anything you could do. Thanks. 😢

Inventory 2023.xlsx
ABCDEFGHIJKLM
1ININOUTIN STOCK
2Item NumberCategoryManufacturerItem DescriptionCs CtInventory GroupInventory Loc.Last Inv. DateInv. CountPending SalesTO SELLON ORDERTOTAL
3AppleFruitDel MonteApple20Package ItemsWarehouse312/2124042
4ApricotFruitDel MonteApricot50Package ItemsWarehouse412/2132528
5PotatoVegetableIdahoPotato20Package ItemsWarehouse212/2021012
6Acai berryFruitDel MonteAcai berry20Package ItemsWarehouse312/20358
7PeanutLegumePlantersPeanut30Package ItemsBasement112/22-10-1
8African mangoFruitDel MonteAfrican mango25Non-Package ItemsWarehouse1011/301909
9African cherry orangeFruitDel MonteAfrican cherry orange20Package ItemsWarehouse211/300202
10Alaskan bunchberryFruitDel MonteAlaskan bunchberry15Package ItemsWarehouse111/300101
11ArazaFruitDel MonteAraza20Package ItemsBasement4011/301392564
12American red raspberryFruitDel MonteAmerican red raspberry20Non-Package ItemsWarehouse1111/30011200211
13AmbarellaFruitDel MonteAmbarella20Package ItemsWarehouse
14American persimmonFruitDel MonteAmerican persimmon20Package ItemsWarehouse
At a Glance
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
A3:G34A3=MASITEM
H3:H12H3=VLOOKUP(A3,INVENTORY,9,FALSE)
I3:I12I3=VLOOKUP(A3,INVENTORY,8,FALSE)
J3:J12J3=VLOOKUP(A3,PENDING,8,FALSE)
K3:K12K3=H3-J3
L3:L12L3=VLOOKUP(A3,PO,8,FALSE)
M3:M12M3=L3+K3
Dynamic array formulas.
Named Ranges
NameRefers ToCells
INVENTORY='Inventory Sheets'!$A$2:$I$36H3:I12
MASITEM=Items!$A$2:$G$33A3
MASTER=Items!$A$2:$G$323A3
PENDING='Pending Sales'!$A$3:$H$57J3:J12
PO='Purchase Orders'!$A$3:$V$158L3:L12

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
Make connections to each sheet/Table using Power Query. Then you can merge the queries to get the data you need.

Upvote 0
I'm trying this and it's not making any difference. I should have explained my issue better.

Say the data columns are A:G, when I add any columns after G like 'Last Inv. Date', whenever I filter/sort my table, the numbers get all out of whack. It's pulling the row letter that I'm adding the 'Last Inv. Date' (on a different sheet) with the row letter of the data columns. Is there a way around this? I'm so miserable right now I think I just spent the last 8 hours on something that's not even possible

Upvote 0
I think I have *something* working, I'm using one Sheet as a 'master' which contains all data, in which I'll hide the irrelevant data in the other, more specific sheets. I'm running into a strange issue however. When I delete or adjust any cells, they seem to be hit-or-miss as to if they will update one sheet or another. On the most recent macOS release. Can you suggest anything?

Upvote 0
I think Im going to pull the plug on this, this whole thing needs to be able to keep in sync, if I change Inventory say, the Master's unchanged inventory information stays unchanged, and reverts my changes back to it as well. This is crazy

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back