Is there a way to put Sheet Name (tabs) other than on bottom

pfhmoney

Is there any way to move the sheet names (the tabs which hold them) that are found by default on the bottom?

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
Re: Is there a way to put Sheet Name (tabs) other than on bo

Is there any way to move the sheet names (the tabs which hold them) that are found by default on the bottom?
You can certainly REmove them. Tools|Options|View|Sheet Tabs (remove tick). Is that any use?

Upvote 0
I don't think you can move them to other sides of the screen, but if you totally want to remove them from view, then go to Tools|Options and select hthe View tab, then uncheck Sheet Tabs in the bottom section.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your replies

I have a co-worker who came to me asking how to do it. She swore she accidently did it one day but did not write HOW that she had inadvertantly moved the tabs to be shown on the left rather than the default found at the bottom. I had never heard of it, nor did my boss - so I thought who better to ask than the experts here at MrExcel.com. If someone does find it possible, please post a message here.

We do not want to remove the tabs, merely move them to be viewed at the left or perhaps even across the top. Thank you !

Upvote 0
Are you sure it was the worksheet tabs that were moved?

As far as I'm aware there is no way to do that.

It might be possible to do it with Windows API code, but I don't think I've ever seen it done, so even using that method it probably can't be done.

Upvote 0
I feel she was in error

I do not feel it can be done either... I am fairly certain that she has her wires crossed with some other software she was in . It could even have been something she was doing in a wordprocessing software that she "oops'd in" only to think it was Excel. She has a habit of hitting contrl with keys (and the like) in many different softwares because she hurries and then ends up doing something no one has seen nor can correct.

As I say, thought I would check with the experts... and it sounds as though I was correct in saying that it was not possible. Thanks again!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpierce

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back