Is there a way to unlink sparklines?

L

Legacy 217727

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to unlink sparklines other than copy/pasting as picture?

Many thanks !

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
Maybe some more information on my problem. My win/loss sparklines show a weekly history of an index being either > 0 or < 0. They link into a table in a different file. The table has weekly figures in the rows. So week 1 figure is in row 1, week 2 figure in row 2 ... week 52 figure in row 52.

I link the sparkline graph into this external table from row 1 to row 52, but hide the yet empty rows (in this case rows 9 to 52). As long as this external file is open the sparklines look the way I want them to look : the values for weeks 1 to 8 are stretched out across the whole width of the sparkline cell.

However, when I close the file the "hidden-cell advantage" of only showing weeks 1 to 8 doesn't work anymore and the sparklines are shown for the entire 52 weeks. This crams the actual 8 visual datapoints to the very left of the sparkline cell.

My question is : is there a way to either maintain the stretched out sparkline picture dependent on the hidden cells even when the external table is closed OR is there a way to break the links of the graph and only keep the visual?

I am working on Excel 2010.

Many thanks for any thoughts on this !

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ksonnia

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back