Is there any tool for performing multiple similar calcualtions, using Excel as framework?

PG_Develop

Colleagues,

I have faced the following issue: I need to perform similar calculations on different inputs, saving the output. Is there any way to use Excel workbook as framework for those calculations?

For example, I need to perform A + B calculation. I created workbook WB1, which contains on the first spreadsheet cells, where you input A and B. On the second worksheet there is a cell, which calculates A + B. On the third worksheet there is a cell with the result of this calculation. And I need to perform this calculation for 5000 times. Is there any application or tool, where I can enter 5000 pairs of A and B, it will use WB1 as framework for calculations and will return 5000 results?

Of course, I need this tool for much more complex calculations and if I just multiply those calculations for 5000 times in my workbook, Excel starts to work very slow.

If you need further clarifications, please, do not hesitate to ask qeustions

Many thanks in advance,
PG_Develop

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
Muhhamad, thank you for reply

I know macro, but I thought, that there may be a tool, which use Excel as framework, and calculations perform much faster. Because, Excel itself works very slow on the large amount of data

Upvote 0
Muhhamad, thank you for reply

I know macro, but I thought, that there may be a tool, which use Excel as framework, and calculations perform much faster. Because, Excel itself works very slow on the large amount of data

I think Ms Access is best option for large data calculations. If you are familiar with Ms access use it for you large calculation. Input from excel and output from Ms Access.

Upvote 0
I think one thing that slows Excel done is how it, under normal circumstances, calculates each cell, updates the display and moves on to the next. Access would be similar in that respect.
I would develop a custom UDF, which you could use on the spreadsheet, or in Access or in a Macro.
Pivot Table and Data Model features are extremely fast, but I will bet your formula may be too complex for some of its calculation features. I am unsure if UDFs can be used there.

Macro should run fastest if all the results are written to an array in memory and then written to the destination.
Yes, Access should be considered. It, like Data Model in Excel, should gain efficiencies due to the data compression and that the results are in-memory operations till queried or displayed.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rkmenon

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back