Is this concept possible?

Comedy

I don't mind if nobody wants to explain it as I'd quite enjoy figuring it out myself, I just want to know if it's possible.

I have a spreadsheet that uses source data from a password protected website, simple cookie based authentication. Rather than go into the website each day and download the sheets I need to various places I want to build a macro that will load a frame from the login page, let the user log in and once done download, parse, etc.. the various tables of data.

I'm reasonable already with web queries, the only thing i'm not sure about is how to request the login box first of all. I did some reading up on this and from what I've seen it's not possible to have excel download a cookie protected document... I just can't imagine that's true.

Again... no need for anyone to spend time on this. If someone knows if it's (im)possible, just let me know. Thanks :)

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arle8907

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back