Is this even possible

redpipe67

Board Regular
Good day all,
I am trying to create an excel file to track employee hours, overtime hours, early outs etc. The way I would like this to work would be for me to select the day and the people working that day and I would input their hours in the relevant boxes. This information would then be put automatically onto another sheet containing all this information from every day so I can get totals for weeks and months easily. On the main page once I have selected the next days date, I would like the figures and attendants I input from the previous day to dissappear and I would input the new staff members and their hours for the new day, etc. I would included the beginnings of the file i have started working on but I don't see how, and would like to ask if anyone can direct me to acheiving my goal. Thanks so much for any assistance. I can e-mail it to anyone if they would like to offer to help.

Andy

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
HINT: Create a database type table with your info. NOW, all your information can be easily retrieved in any format you choose using a PIVOT TABLE!! (It's called grouping)

Just a thought

lenze

Upvote 0
I was going to attempt that but the only information that is in it is the Employee names and days of the year, everything else will be input as the days occur and from there will need to be added to the daily growing database, hours worked for each employee etc. If i have replied with a strange answer, I must not understand your reply correctly. Basically Im after 1 form with a drop down list of each day of the year (achieved) and a drop down list for each work spot containing each employee name (achieved), now I want to select a day, lets say Jan 1st 2006, and employee Anne, now in her hours worked cell I will input 8 for the amount of hours worked, now on the same sheet when i select Jan 2nd 2006 from the drop down list, i need to re-select an employees name, lets say Joe and he worked 5 hours and enter the hours worked for that day. Now if i reselect Jan 1st from the drop down list, anne will reappear with her 8 hours, now if I put Anne down for 3 hours on the 3rd I can pull up a seperate sheet for each employee and for anne I will have each day worked and the amount of hours on each day and a total at the bottom. My problem is this, if the cell I use to input the hour figure changes depending on the day and the employee, it can't be referencing anything as I am inputting a figure for the amount of hours into that cell. Is it possible to do this on 1 form or do I need to have a form for each day of the year?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelknuckles

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back