Is xlbb2 the only way to post an excel sheet?

vman5781

Board Regular
Hello all,

I have a little issue trying to set up a VBA for a spreadheet, and I see that the way to post a spreadheet has changed. Just trying to verify if XLBB2 is the only way to post a spreadheet. I work for a bank and i am not sure if this is allowed by IT.

Thank you

John

Either that or just copy/paste, but that option doesn't always work very well.
The old HTML add-ins like Forum Tools, & the MrExcel HTML add-in don't work any more.

I copy the range from Excel to the clipboard, paste it into a graphics program (I use IrfanView or Visio), copy that to the clipboard, and then paste that directly into the MrExcel post. This preserves all of the formatting in Excel and I can then resize it however I like.

Here's an example:

1617347377582.png

It also works for pretty much any graphic image. Here's a snippet of this post that I captured with the Win 10 screen snipping tool (Win + Shift + s).

1617347501106.png

An image is probably better than nothing, but ...
The advantage of XL2BB of the copy/paste method suggested by Fluff is that helpers can copy/paste to test with. With an image ..
a) There can be a lot of manual typing (which may not be accurate) to get data to test with so many potential helpers will just by-pass, and
b) The data may not reflect the original accurately. For example, all columns in that image could be numerical or they could be text - there is no way of knowing.

An image is probably better than nothing, but ...
The advantage of XL2BB of the copy/paste method suggested by Fluff is that helpers can copy/paste to test with. With an image ..
a) There can be a lot of manual typing (which may not be accurate) to get data to test with so many potential helpers will just by-pass, and
b) The data may not reflect the original accurately. For example, all columns in that image could be numerical or they could be text - there is no way of knowing.
Good points. I'll give it a try...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdnMech

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back