ISERR with COUNTIFS

Joe4

MrExcel MVP, Junior Admin
What is it that you are actually trying to do?
Count the "Car" entries"
Exatly what kind of errors do you have in this list?
Do you know what is causing them (formulas, etc)?

horizonflame

Board Regular
Hi Joe4,
I am looking to count the number of #VALUE errors in Column F, that have "Car" in Column C. The errors are expected because a date hasn't been inputted in another sheet, and I want to count the number of missing dates.

Joe4

Can you update your formulas in column F to account for the error, and return something else instead, like ""?
That would be easier to work with than errors.

Joe4

=SUMPRODUCT(--ISERROR(Dates!F6:F7000),--(Dates!C6:C7000="Car" ))
That should work.

I guess it is just my own personal preference that I really do not like errors showing up on my report (makes people question the validity of the report/data).
So I would probably use an IFERROR formula in Dates!F6:F7000 to return a blank instead of an error, i.e.
Code:
=IFERROR(current formula,"")
Then, the SUMRPODUCT would look like:
Code:
[COLOR=#333333]=SUMPRODUCT(--(Dates!F6:F7000=""),--(Dates!C6:C7000="Car" ))[/COLOR]

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• Get External Data (long shot question!)
    This is likely a long shot but I am wondering if it is at all possible for Excel to somehow 'change' the contents of a URL that is being linked to...
  • Importing multiple excel files into one spreadsheet
    Hi, I'm trying to import multiple excel files (with the same format into a single spreadsheet) so that each day's file is listed underneath the...
  • Cell Formatting
    Good Morning, I need to format a few different cells in the following manners: A1 has to always add a colon (:) after whatever is typed in by a...
  • How to copy multiple rows using If
    Hi all, I'm very new to VBA and have written this simple code to copy certain cells if a certain cell within that row contains any data. I need...
  • Workbook_Change stopped working !
    I am working on an app to speed up & automate processing of Credit Cards statements. After data is input from a CSV file, it is presented to the...
  • VBA If statement
    Dear All, I have two dates, where I'd like a message box to pop, if the dates are between this criteria. [CODE] sDate1 = #10/1/2019#...