ISSUE - Border removal or colour change

frustratedNewbie

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. MacOS
Hi guys,

I am new to both Excel and here, hello to all.

Currently I am having an issue with borders, I have created and applied all of the sheets and associated content to a workbook (I think that is the correct terminology). I am now trying to either change colour or preferably remove the borders so as to have a neat tidy document with content held within invisible borders. However, every time I do so as new page/pages or column/s are created out of nowhere (please see attached screenshots) where you will see 3 additional pages after highlighting the page and choosing 'no border'.

I would be greatly obliged if somebody could please assist me as it is something of a time sensitive nature and a promise stupidly made by myself

Many thanks in advance,
Jeremy

Attachments

• pre-border change.png
    pre-border change.png
    63.2 KB · Views: 9
  • post-border change.png
    post-border change.png
    63.7 KB · Views: 9

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
It is hard to troubleshoot with only screenshots of print preview screens, however one possible culprit could be extra data outside of the area you expect to be printing from. For example if your expected print area is columns A through S, if there is any data in column T you will have an extra page.
There are two solutions to this possibility:
1. Select everything outside of the area you want to print and use the Clear All button on the ribbon
2. Select everything you want to print, go to Page Layout tab of the ribbon, select Print Area, select Set Print Area

After trying one of these options, try the print again and see how many pages you have. If it hasn't changed, try the other option. If neither works you may need to provide more information.

Upvote 0
It is hard to troubleshoot with only screenshots of print preview screens, however one possible culprit could be extra data outside of the area you expect to be printing from. For example if your expected print area is columns A through S, if there is any data in column T you will have an extra page.
There are two solutions to this possibility:
1. Select everything outside of the area you want to print and use the Clear All button on the ribbon
2. Select everything you want to print, go to Page Layout tab of the ribbon, select Print Area, select Set Print Area

After trying one of these options, try the print again and see how many pages you have. If it hasn't changed, try the other option. If neither works you may need to provide more information.
Thank you for your advice, mackc557. I tried both, however, when I follow the steps and go to print there are 3 additional sheets per page. I have created a sample document which has 3 pages which are similar in their layout to the other 16, I am struggling to upload it using XL2BB so wondered if there is another way to upload the Excel source file?

Many thanks,
J

Upvote 0
Welcome to the MrExcel Message Board!

Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: New sheet/s creation on border removal / colour change
If you have posted the question at more places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the MrExcel Message Board!

Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: New sheet/s creation on border removal / colour change
If you have posted the question at more places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.
Hi Fluff, thank you for the welcome. I wasn't aware of any rules regarding this, I now know and will endeavour to conform at all times. My post is also here: Duplicate post on other forum

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back