Issue with XL2BB not capturing excel data

PA_VA13

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi everyone,

So I had installed XL2BB and used it a few times in an earlier post but now it doesn't work at all. I'll click on the "Capture range" button and nothing happens. I uninstalled and re-installed the Add-in, checked to make sure all permissions are good, made sure internet explorer was closed (read in another post that it may cause issues), and even rebooted the PC.

I've got no clue why it doesn't want to play nice.

Any suggestions?

Did you after re-installing right click the file - click Properties - and on the General tab check if there was an unblock checkbox?
made sure internet explorer was closed (read in another post that it may cause issues)
I think that you will find that the post was referring to File Explorer not Internet Explorer (I also think that issue was resolved in a previous update smozgur made).

Last edited:
Hi [U]MARK858[/U],

I did check the General tab and there was not an unblock checkbox. Though I did have to do that when I initially installed XL2BB.

Thank you for the clarification of File Explorer vs Internet Explorer. :giggle:

I'll click on the "Capture range" button and nothing happens.
When you say "nothing happens" I take it after clicking the button that you are going to your post and doing a paste?

When you say "nothing happens" I take it after clicking the button that you are going to your post and doing a paste?

I select the range that I want to include in my question then click the Capture Range button, but the pop-up that allows you to select the information such as Formulas, Conditional Formatting, Data Validation and Named Ranges to include with the captured range does not appear, nor do I get the pop-up that states that my table information has successfully been saved. Nothing happens at all, which is weird because it was working just fine earlier this week.

Long shot guess: File -> Options -> Trust Center -> Trust Center Settings... -> Add-ins -> Disable all Application Add-ins is checked?

Long shot guess: File -> Options -> Trust Center -> Trust Center Settings... -> Add-ins -> Disable all Application Add-ins is checked?

Nope the Disable all Application Add-ins is not checked.

1595452387291.png

Can you have a check under your File Block Settings (in the same window that you are showing in your post) and see what is ticked and what the settings are at the bottom.

Yes but want to check the top part with Excel 2007 and later Add-in files.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmjmjmjmjmjm

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back