Issue with XL2BB not capturing excel data

Yes but want to check the top part with Excel 2007 and later Add-in files.

Here you go.

1595540976872.png

Ok - this solution comes from @MrExcel. He thinks this is an amazing way to solve this issue, actually I tried and it works amazing. Let's see if it will solve @PA_VA13's problem as well. Then we can officially share the info in the XL2BB instructions.

• First, uninstall the XL2BB add-in please. We don't want duplicate versions. You can find uninstallation steps in XL2BB page.

• Launch Excel, go to VBA (Alt F11) and Debug / Immediate window (Ctrl + G). Copy and paste the following in the debug window and hit Enter.
    VBA Code:
    print Application.StartupPath
    The code will print the famous XLSTART folder of Excel which is the path that whatever we put in it, Excel will open that file. It is one of the most trusted folder for Office.

In my computer, I got this - (this should be user specific folder):
    C:\Users\smozgur\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART
    • There is another folder for "all" users in this computer:
    • C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\XLSTART
    • To make it simple and safe, just use what Excel says with Application.StartupPath as I explained above.
  • Quit Excel.
  • Go to XLSTART folder and copy and paste the add-in file (xl2bb.xlam) here. Make sure that you already unblocked the add-in file if necessary (Right click on the xlam file and Unblock button at the bottom of the properties window) . Now launch Excel and it should work without problems.

Please let us know the result.

Ok - this solution comes from @MrExcel. He thinks this is an amazing way to solve this issue, actually I tried and it works amazing. Let's see if it will solve @PA_VA13's problem as well. Then we can officially share the info in the XL2BB instructions.

• First, uninstall the XL2BB add-in please. We don't want duplicate versions. You can find uninstallation steps in XL2BB page.

• Launch Excel, go to VBA (Alt F11) and Debug / Immediate window (Ctrl + G). Copy and paste the following in the debug window and hit Enter.
    VBA Code:
    print Application.StartupPath
    The code will print the famous XLSTART folder of Excel which is the path that whatever we put in it, Excel will open that file. It is one of the most trusted folder for Office.

In my computer, I got this - (this should be user specific folder):
    C:\Users\smozgur\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART
    • There is another folder for "all" users in this computer:
    • C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\XLSTART
    • To make it simple and safe, just use what Excel says with Application.StartupPath as I explained above.
  • Quit Excel.
  • Go to XLSTART folder and copy and paste the add-in file (xl2bb.xlam) here. Make sure that you already unblocked the add-in file if necessary (Right click on the xlam file and Unblock button at the bottom of the properties window) . Now launch Excel and it should work without problems.

Please let us know the result.

So I must of done something wrong because when I followed the steps it opened the same AddIns folder (C:\Users\vhaannprewr\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\AddIns) instead of the XLSTART one.

@PA_VA13 I think what smozgur has posted is a get around when there are issues as mine is in the Addin folder, it is worth a try.

You will have to do a browse for it in your Excel Options - Addins - Excel Addins. Don't use the old XL2BB which will already be there.

@PA_VA13 I think what smozgur has posted is a get around when there are issues as mine is in the Addin folder, it is worth a try.

You will have to do a browse for it in your Excel Options - Addins - Excel Addins. Don't use the old XL2BB which will already be there.

So I must of done something wrong because when I followed the steps it opened the same AddIns folder (C:\Users\vhaannprewr\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\AddIns) instead of the XLSTART one.

So I tried @MrExcel solution on my PC and I even went to another PC and installed MrExcel and I'm still having the same issue on both PCs. It doesn't look like the program is being blocked at all by security software. Its a bit frustrating because it worked when I have first installed it and now nothing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back