Issue with xl2bb.xlam

xROGERx

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
As the title say, I have a little issue with the sl2bb.xlam script.

I delete it by mistake from my download folder and now, whenever I open an excel file I get a very annoying notification window that reminded me of it...

d1b68f505889633c94e96b7cb6bc114b.png

It basically says "We´re sorry, we haven´t found C:/Users/User/Download/xk2bb.xlam. Might of been because you move it, delete it, or change its name?"

How can get rid of this notification window?

Cheers and be well!

Try File > Options > Add-ins and remove it from the list.
If you have downloaded it again and put it back in the same folder then you will possibly have to remove it from the list to un-register it, then add it again.
I recall another user having similar problems when they moved it to a different folder but without deleting one of my own add-ins to cause the problem I can't recall exactly what happens.

How do I exactly remove it from the list? I don´t see any button to delete, exclude, or anything similar.

How do I exactly remove it from the list? I don´t see any button to delete, exclude, or anything similar.
In the Add-ins window (File > Options > Add-ins) that @jasonb75 explained, you should see the Manage drop-down control at the bottom of the list. Select Excel Add-ins in the drop-down and click the Go... button.

1610136938168.png

It will open the following dialog box (you can also get there by clicking on the Excel Add-ins command in the Developer ribbon tab):

1610137065435.png

Deselect Xl2Bb. As soon as you deselect the add-in, and since it doesn't exist where it is supposed to be, you will see the following message:

1610137120570.png

Click on the Yes button. And you are done.

Also, I suggest using the XLSTART folder method to install the core add-ins to avoid these troubles. It is explained in the XL2BB article.

Thanks a million @smozgur for taking the time to write a answer with images. It worked like a charm...Thanks and be well!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spamiki

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back