Issue with XLS & Sharepoint

Mamg

I have an issue where I am saving a file with Custome properties to sharepoint.
Requirements:

1. Template open from the SharePoint site with a default name, user inputs the information in the XLS.
2. User clicks on Save button, or Clicks on cancel. If clicks on cancel, should be prompted to save.
3. the dialog box for save as, User is prompet with a new name (Based on the data entered).
4. user can change it or keep the name.
5. properties page from sharepoint is prompted and user can enter the value and then the file is saved to the Doclib.

What I have tried:

1. Override workbook_beforesave to set custom properties.
2. Tried Application.save function, but that saves the file directly with desired name and the properties box does not pop up.
3. When the user gets to the save after clicking the close option, the beforesave macro is not getting executed and the custom properties are not being set.

Desired outcome:

Ideally I would like to automatically close the document once it has been saved. I would lile to execute the beforesave routine from both place (clicked on save, as well as when coming to save during close)
I would like to get the properties box before the file has been actually saved to SharePoint site.

I am a complete newbee to Excl macro, and this is the fiest macro I am writing, i could paste the code that I have here if that would help.

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlosWin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back