Issues Opening Workbook in Excel 2016 with macros

rki1966

We recently upgraded to excel 2016 and when I try to open my workbooks with macros they try to open then close. If I open another workbook or blank workbook then open the workbook with the macro, I do not have any issues. If I did try to open the workbook with the macro first, then opened a blank one it would show the one with the macro in repaired mode.

I want to points out that it happens to .xlsb and .xlsm files.

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).

rlv01

There should not be any issue opening older macro enabled workbooks with Excel 2016. How old are these workbooks?

rki1966

Some of the workbooks are new and others were created in 2010. I ran a couple more test.

1. Saved the workbook on my desktop and open it from Excel ( Same issue)
2. Opened the workbook on my desktop from Windows Explorer (No problem)
3. Opened the workbook on the shared drive from Windows Explorer (No problem)

It looks the only time I have a problem is when I open it from excel when no other workbooks are open.

Subscribe on YouTube

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayyazahmad89

This Week's Hot Topics

• Turn fraction around
    Hello I need to turn a fraction around, for example I have 1/3 but I need to present as 3/1
  • TIme Clock record reformatting to ???
    Hello All, I'd like some help formatting this (Tbl-A)(Loaded via Power Query) [ATTACH type="full" width="511px" alt="PQdata.png"]22252[/ATTACH]...
  • TextBox Match
    hi, I am having a few issues with my code below, what I need it to do is when they enter a value in textbox8 (QTY) either 1,2 or 3 the 3 textboxes...
  • Using Large function based on Multiple Criteria
    Hello, I can't seem to get a Large formula to work based on two criteria's. I can easily get a oldest value based one value, but I'm struggling...
  • Can you check my code please
    Hi, Im going round in circles with a Compil Error End With Without With Here is the code [CODE=rich] Private Sub...
  • Combining 2 pivot tables into 1 chart
    Hello everyone, My question sounds simple but I do not know the answer. I have 2 pivot tables and 2 charts that go with this. However I want to...