Tucker92

Board Regular
I have been experimenting with auto filters and was wondering if there is a way that i could get it to copy the information to another workbook but don't know how. Can anyone help me?

Here is what i have so far but i don't know why it doesn't work. Hopefully what i'm trying to do is possible
and i havent done it all wrong.
Code:
Sub Copy_12()

Dim ws As Worksheet
     Set ws = Application.Workbooks("Carry Over").Sheets("Vac A")
     Dim data_end_row_number As Long
     data_end_row_number = ws.Range("A2").End(xlDown).Row

ws.Range("table6").AutoFilter Field:=13, Criteria1:="12 WET", VisibleDropDown:=True
    ws.Range("A2:B" & data_end_row_number).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).copy
    Windows("Vac AC").Sheets("12 Wet").Range("D2").Select
        ActiveSheet.Paste
         ws.Range("D2:F" & data_end_row_number).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).copy
    Windows("Vac AC").Sheets("12 Wet").Range("D2").Select
    ActiveSheet.Paste

Last edited by a moderator:

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
I have been trying out different approaches to similar problems, as im quite new to vba and am using these as learning resources.

And it wont allow me to copy to the other workbook and im not sure why. It filters and finds the results but wont let me copy them across so i think i have done something wrong but dont know what it is.

Sorry for not using the code tags i haven't used them before.

Upvote 0
"Won't let me" isn't particularly helpful either, I'm afraid. What is happening? Do you get an error, or does nothing happen, or does the wrong thing happen?

Upvote 0
Sorry. I comes up with a run time error '438'. says the object doesn't support this property or method.

Not sure what i means but i thought it may have been to do with the copy location.

Upvote 0
Ah - a Window doesn't have a Sheets property. You need the Workbooks collection instead of Windows:

Code:
Sub Copy_12()

Dim ws As Worksheet

ws.Range("table6").AutoFilter Field:=13, Criteria1:="12 WET", VisibleDropDown:=True
    ws.Range("A2:B" & data_end_row_number).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).copy Destination:=Workbooks("Vac AC").Sheets("12 Wet").Range("D2")
         ws.Range("D2:F" & data_end_row_number).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).copy Destination:=Workbooks("Vac AC").Sheets("12 Wet").Range("D2")

As a side note, it is much safer to include the file extension when using the Workbooks collection.

Upvote 0
Thank you.

I have tried it out and it works great.

Only issue i do have though is that if there are no cells present then it just comes up with a box saying there are no cells to copy but i want it to carry on until the end so that when i call that macro it will carry on to the next afterwards.

I tried to put in an "on error go to" but i'm not sure where to place it in my code. Is there an easy way to skip the copying if there are no filtered results?

I was going to try with an if but don't know how to use it with the auto filter.

Upvote 0
You could do something like this:

Rich (BB code):
Dim ws As Worksheet

If ws.Range("table6").Range.Columns(1).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Count > 1 then
    ws.Range("A2:B" & data_end_row_number).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).copy Destination:=Workbooks("Vac AC").Sheets("12 Wet").Range("D2")
         ws.Range("D2:F" & data_end_row_number).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).copy Destination:=Workbooks("Vac AC").Sheets("12 Wet").Range("D2")
    end if

Upvote 0
It comes up with a Compile error saying argument is not optional and highlights the second ".range" i tried to remove this and it comes up with "runtime error 1004 no cells found" again

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sorry, I forgot to change one of them:

Code:
If ws.Listobjects("table6").Range.Columns(1).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Count > 1 then

if it's actually a table. If not, then just:

Code:
If ws.Range("table6").Columns(1).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Count > 1 then

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelknuckles

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back