Issues with Compatibility Mode

Josh.Diogo

Hi,

I have a fairly large sheet with 350k+ rows and it failed to respond. I closed the program and before it closed asked me if I wanted to save I chose to save. Upon re-opening the sheet it opened in a "Compatibility Mode" and with just the top row with my column headings minus my filters. I highlighted the entire sheet and chose "Unhide" as a result 65k rows appeared, far short of the actual amount of rows. I tried adding filters to my column headings to clear filters but there were none. It wont "Unhide" any more rows. I also tried saving as an Excel Workbook and re-opening which brought me to the same result as the original 97-2003 format.

Also, with this same sheet with 350k+ rows, when I input a search filter to find unwanted rows and upon my deletion command it takes a very long time to respond or it will not respond at all forcing me to lose any unsaved changes.

Please help,

Josh

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
Welcome to MrExcel.

You must have saved it as xls. Do you have the original xlsx or xlsm? If not you will have lost any data below row 65536.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Welcome to MrExcel.

You must have saved it as xls. Do you have the original xlsx or xlsm? If not you will have lost any data below row 65536.

Thank-you for your help, unfortunately I had to resolve the issue by starting over on the original document and deleting in smaller increments to avoid crashing.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ruhulaminappu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back