Issues with Organization

tjb123

I am new to Access and have taken a number of courses, but based on my research I am having a hard time envisioning how to set up a new database for my group. Specifically, I can't figure out how to organize the tables correctly. I'm hoping someone can help me. Thanks in advance.

I need to track employee participation in projects on an annual basis. Specifically, I need to verify that they did participate in a project and then record how many hours they spent.

I would then like to track each employees total projects, total hours as well as each projects total participants and total hours.

If that's not clear, maybe this will help.
  • I have employees, let's call them employee A, employee B, employee C, employee D.... Each employee has four or five employee data fields.
  • I have about 50-60 projects and I need to record the employees who participate and their hours.
  • End reporting will need to show each employees total number of projects participated in and the total hours they spent.
  • Reporting will also need to show the total number of employees participating in each project and the total hours spent on each project.
  • Ideally the reporting will be all mathematical and not a spreadsheet which needs to be counted.

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back