It could be SUMPRODUCT?

stupidquestion

Hello everyone! This problem has made me need to register, I can't seem to get my head around it!

I'm working with someone else's spreadsheet, and it's been giving me some headaches. The sheet is used to help us manage our resources whilst we're implementing a proper tool for this, and my 'old' sheet was deemed 'too simple' to use… so here I am.

Mock up of the sheet is below for context - I know you all understand cell references, it's more to make sure I don't mess up:

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
NameBench
8-Aug9-Aug10-Aug11-Aug12-Aug13-Aug14-Aug15-Aug
Mickey Mouse=(COUNTA(C2:J2)-(COUNTIF(C2:J2,">0")))=SUMIFS('Raw Data'!Q:Q,'Raw Data'!$E:$E,'Bench Report'!$A2)=SUMIFS('Raw Data'!P:P,'Raw Data'!$E:$E,'Bench Report'!$A2)=SUMIFS('Raw Data'!Q:Q,'Raw Data'!$E:$E,'Bench Report'!$A2)=SUMIFS('Raw Data'!T:T,'Raw Data'!$E:$E,'Bench Report'!$A2)=SUMIFS('Raw Data'!U:U,'Raw Data'!$E:$E,'Bench Report'!$A2)=SUMIFS('Raw Data'!V:V,'Raw Data'!$E:$E,'Bench Report'!$A2)

<tbody>
</tbody>

Cells are left empty on weekends, and cells that show 0 mean the person is available to work. The Raw Data tab is where it says which project a resource is booked to, their rate and so on, so this is only to see whether someone is available.

Currently, the count for Bench time in column B is looking at how many times the total is less than 0 for the rest of this year, but we actually only need to know how many times it's less than 0 in the next 30 days of the cells that are not blank. In this example, and to save us from looking at something ridiculous, perhaps we could say we need to look at time in the next 3 days?

I keep thinking the answer should be simple, but I have spent too long looking at it now... Hoping someone here can help save my sanity!

Please let me know if more information is required, or if there's anything I've left unclear.

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back