It won't work... why not?

Logistix

Board Regular
Hi,

I've been working on my latest Excel VBA Project at work, and I've taken it home to work on over the next few days. Except I'm having a problem running the file properly at home. The version I use at work is 2002, and the version at home is 2000.

The error I'm getting is "Could not load an object because it is not available on this machine". It looks as though it is referring to my DTPicker control I added at work. Is there anywhere I can find this control so that I can get my file running on my Excel 2000 Version. Any help would be really appreciated as I've got alot to get done over the next few days.

Thanks for your time,

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
If you are sure that this problem is due to the DTPicker control you used at Office, then once again go to the Additional Controls in the Toolbox in VBE and check for the ocx file corresponding to the DTPicker control. Now try copying it to your system at home.

Upvote 0
Hi and thank you for that.

Do you know where the .ocx files are usually located?? And how can I find out which ocx file corresponds to DTPicker1?

Thanks,

Upvote 0
Check in your toolbox from where you had added the control. In the Control ToolBox, right click and select additional controls.Now scroll down till you can locate your control DTPicker. Once you have located your control, just look at the bottom of the dialog box to see a line like:
"Location: C:\....."
etc. From there you can locate where the concerned ocx is in your computer.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rohitsomani

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back