item count

RC6069

Hello, I am a excel dummy and learning as I need to something different. I looked but didn't see a topic for what I am wanting to do now. At work we have a Good Parts room where we take parts from when we do a repair. Currently there is a form that we are to fill out when we take parts but most people don't because the PN's and SN's are long which usually causes human errors. We are also supposed to write in the # of parts (ex: 1 gasket, 10 ...bolts, 15 ... nuts etc) I would like place a computer in the room with a scanner and I want to make barcode labels for each item. That's the easier part of it, the section that I have a question on is how to do the count # of items. In the case where we need (x) # of pieces I don't want to scan, scan, scan ......

So if as an example I need to have 50 bolts. (this particular bolt is used for several applications and the # of them is different for each application) I can make the barcode with the PN on the bin, scan it to the Parts list (I got that) but now how can I tell the parts list that qty is 50? (or whatever the correct count is for that repair application) Thank you in advance for any help that can be offered.
Best Regards,
Robert

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
I see that there have been 55 views but no replies. Am I asking this question in the right area or is that this really isn't easily done? At the grocery store if I scan 4 of the same item, the receipt will show the item and a qty of 4 so I thought that I should be able to do it for our hardware and other items. Thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back