Ivan etc. HEEELLP! (please) (resolved)

sykes

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Guys
I was working on my latest project, and posted a question about cell comments etc etc.

This was answered by Jak and Ivan.

I was playing around with Ivan's solution (which can be found at :
http://www.mrexcel.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=20001&forum=2&5)
but now I've suddenly found that I'm having problems with getting code to select cells, and that when a range is selected on a sheet, it remains selected, even if I go to another sheet, and select another range there. I'm not suggesting for one moment that Ivan's code was anything to do with it, I only mention it in order that it may help with diagnosing my problem.

The part of the code I had been playing with was towards the bottom, i.e. changing the font, and comment shape size.
Can't help thinking I've inadvertantly set up excel differently.
I've tried opening another workbook, and shutting down and re-starting, but to no avail.
I'm running windows 98, and excel 2000 premium.

Ta, hoping

Sykes

This message was edited by sykes on 2002-08-27 02:38

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
Hi Sykes it Jack

Dant know Ivans code i use a few are spot on, can you email me the code all the sub, or send the sheet, ill have a look tonight and see if i can help.

Let me know what result you want. Just a point Ivans a pal and i d chat to him sometimes as i do others hes now 11 hours in from of us, so its Monday already and he might be asleep, saying that hes awake sometimes very late so thats a reason sometimes guys miss posts, i have been agro by guys not replying they are US guys and so are 8 to 12 hours behind me, thus it goes on, TIME is an issue.

Upvote 0
On 2002-08-25 05:22, sykes wrote:
Guys
I was working on my latest project, and posted a question about cell comments etc etc.

This was answered by Jak and Ivan.

I was playing around with Ivan's solution (which can be found at :
http://www.mrexcel.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=20001&forum=2&5)
but now I've suddenly found that I'm having problems with getting code to select cells, and that when a range is selected on a sheet, it remains selected, even if I go to another sheet, and select another range there. I'm not suggesting for one moment that Ivan's code was anything to do with it, I only mention it in order that it may help with diagnosing my problem.

The part of the code I had been playing with was towards the bottom, i.e. changing the font, and comment shape size.
Can't help thinking I've inadvertantly set up excel differently.
I've tried opening another workbook, and shutting down and re-starting, but to no avail.
I'm running windows 98, and excel 2000 premium.

Ta, hoping

Sykes

Hello Sykes..we run the same system.
Not sure what is happening with out knowing what other code is running and on what part of the SS....possible to send example..it's usually easier this way rather then posting back & forth...

Upvote 0
Hi Ivan
Thanks for the reply.

I've actually re-installed excel, and I think it's fine now.
It seemed to have a bit of a glitch - probably something I did somewhere along the line.

Kind Regards

Sykes

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back