JIRA to Excel (list of issues): csv download to excel

Mike_R_

Dear Excel users :)

I am using JIRA to download list of issues recorded in the system.
As I need to create Excel dashboard using JIRA extract, I thought of using some data connection from Excel directly to JIRA, which I will be able to refresh and save much time (i.e. not to do manual file download).
I started with following advice presented on website: Fetch data from JIRA to excel
The above presents a way to do it:
1. Create a filter view in Jira with all of your desired columns, save it, and make a note of the path. Example: https://mycompany.atlassian.net/issues/?filter=11940
2. Change the path to https://mycompany.atlassian.net/sr/...-current-fields/11940/SearchRequest-11940.csv
Note that going to this URL in your browser returns a CSV file.
3. Start Excel, and select Data menu, New query, From Other Sources, From Web
4. A dialog will appear asking you for the URL. Paste in your CSV URL from step 2, and click OK
5. You will be prompted with a permissions dialog. Select Basic authentication, enter your Jira username and password, and click Connect.
6. After Excel connects, you will see a dialog with a preview of the table. Click Load to load it into the current worksheet.

I followed the above advice, know exact path of csv file generated.
I went to Data-> From Other Sources -> From Web and provided the link to path.
As login I chose 'windows authentication' (which is how I log in to JIRA from my PC).
However once Excel connects to data, I receive just one row, not data but with some connection settings...

Can you please advice why data is not loaded to Excel?
The URL link generated with file path is fine, once pasted to firefox, file starts downloading....

Thank you in advance for help and advice! I tried re-creating data connection with same result however....

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
I know there is JIRA addin but I cannot install anything except software allowed by IT dept. in my company...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back