join a list of date

linkn00

I want to join a list of date together quickly. the join function requires the text function for every single date.
Is there an easier way to join a list of date together?

Rick Rothstein

MrExcel MVP
Office Version
Platform
Windows
You have left some important information out of your post... where is the list of dates? how do you want them joined? where do you want the output to go to?

Just guessing here... I'll assume your dates are in cells A1:A10, that your want the output to be m/d/yyyy forma, that you want them joined using a comma/space as the delimiter and that you want the output to be shown in a MessageBox... here is a macro that will do this
Code:
Sub DateLister
  MsgBox Join(Application.Transpose(Evaluate("IF({1},TEXT(A1:A10,""m/d/yyyy""))")), ", ")
End Sub

Rick Rothstein

MrExcel MVP
Office Version
Platform
Windows
Is there away to do it without using VBA?
I am not sure... my version of Excel is 2010... some of the later versions have a function called TEXTJOIN which I think would work the same way I used Join (except you should not have to TRANSPOSE the array result), but I am not sure and have no way to test it. If your version of Excel has this function, then I think the answer is "yes" and if you can figure it out yourself, great; otherwise you will have to wait for someone to come along who has that function in their version of Excel in order to show you the way.

Peter_SSs

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
Platform
Windows
Welcome to the MrExcel board!

Rick pointed out that you have omitted some information from your post and you still have not provided that information.
You have left some important information out of your post... where is the list of dates? how do you want them joined? where do you want the output to go to?
You also mentioned the "join function" which is a function in vba, not worksheet functions, so it is not surprising that a vba suggestion was made. ;)

So, still guessing at some of the things Rick asked, see if this formula helps. It is an array formula so should be entered without the {} but confirmed with Ctrl+Shift+Enter, not just Enter. If confirmed correctly, Excel will insert the {}.

Excel Workbook
BC
12-May-18
225-Dec-17
315-Oct-19
Join dates

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahmed elsaid

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• Problem with Radio Button's format control
    I am creating an employee evaluation template (a sample is below) Column A is the category Column B, C D, E and F will be ratings (unacceptable...
  • Last Display on userform to a Listbox
    [CODE=vba] lstdisplay.ColumnCount = 15 lstdisplay.RowSource = "A1:O600000" [/CODE] So when i do this it Displays everything on the sheet i am...
  • Rename and move files to a new location
    Dear all, I have an excel file with the following information. The actual file name is at column A but i want to rename it using the following...
  • Help with True/False Formula
    Hello! Am stumped how to fix this formula, in which my result returns 'True', but it should return False. =IF(AG2=True...
  • Clear extra characters from a provided range of cells
    Dear All, I have following code which gives me desired output to remove extra characters from a provided range. But it takes too much time when...
  • Help with Current and highest streaks
    Hi there, I've just joined the forum and this is my first post. I've already spent quite a bit of time searching the net and this forum for a...