Join Query Help

atgordon

Board Regular
I am pretty new to Access and am having trouble with a join query that I am trying to create. I have 3 tables that I have joined in the design view. The 3 tables all have different information except for invoice number, which is common to all 3. I would like the query to provide me with all the invoice numbers on Table 1 that are not in Table 2 nor in Table 3. In essence, the invoice numbers on Table 1 that are unique to Table 1. I probably will pull some other information in, but I would like the result to be a list of invoice numbers that are in Table 1 and not in the other Tables 2.

Since I am new to Access and still trying to learn, I am having great difficulty in doing this. I suspect it is probably somewhat easy to do. I am using the design view, since that is all I am familiar with right now.

Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
since you are new to Access the easiest way to do this would be with 3 queries. Use the unmatched query wizard to get the unmatched rows from table1 to table2, then another to get the unmatched rows from table1 to table3, and the a third to get the unmatched rows from query1 to query2

hth,
Giacomo

Upvote 0
I don't seem to have an unmatched query wizard. I went to the query wizard, but nothing was mentioned about unmatched.

If I have joined Tables 1 and 2 in the design view, what would I need to put in the criteria or any other field in order to have it show me the invoice numbers in Table 1 that are not in Table 2?

Upvote 0
if you click NEW when viewing the query list the unmatched query wizard will be one of the options.

hth,
Giacomo

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterhess2002

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back