Joining two list to form a single list

cvempati

I have scenario where I need to calculate resource availability for my project in terms of business day. I am using Networkdays function. I have one list (created by define name of excel) which has list of holidays and another set of lists for leaves/vacations for each resources. Now to know each resource business days availability I need to combined this two list i.e. one holiday list and another list which has leaves/vacations for the individual resource for example if I have 1 month project starting from July 1<SUP>st</SUP> 2009 and ends on July 31. Now my holiday list has holiday on 07/03 and I have two resources working on this project one resource (say Tim) has taken the vacation on July 6 and another(say Tom) took July 6 and 7<SUP>th</SUP>. That means Tim is available 21 days and Tom is available 20 days. How to achieve this without repeating the list of holidays in the individual list. I don’t want to use VBA and want to use excel function.

Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
One way to do this is as follows:

If you have a header row H1:Z1, with "Holidays" in H1 and then employee names in I1:Z1, e.g. Tim, Tom etc. Under each you have a list of holidays, i.e. all general holidays under "holidays" and specific leave under each name.

Then with start date in A2, end date in B2 and employee name in C2 you can use this formula:

=NETWORKDAYS(A2,B2,IF((H$1:Z$1=H$1)+(H$1:Z$1=C2),H$2:Z$20,0))

This is an array formula that needs to be confirmed with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradel

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back