JOINTTEXT, IF, and Other FUNCTION HELP!!!!

Optimistic92

Office Version
  1. 2019
Hello Excel’ers,

I’m running into an issue with a workbook/sheet of strings I created to help me do my job better. Since creating this document my job has been a whole lot easier and I am grateful that I was wise enough to do this.

Two-maybe three issues I need assistance with.

The first thing is I am trying to create a TEXTJOINT statement to correspond on different tabs in one excel sheet by providing the data in another. I’ll use some pics for example. I’m going to use my 124 as an example since this is where I begin;

So here in my 124 tab once I am complete with trailer I have SL or H. I want the HOLD data aka (all “ H “) trailers from this sheet to be collected and populated into the corresponding location on the 124DS tab.

Now one of the issues that you can see in the next pic in my 124 tab and the 124DS tab side-by-side is although I was able to use the IF function to populate the 124DS tab with the 124 “H” data, I can not work my way around getting excel to copy 2 “H” trailers into the same location. For example I highlighted the LANE 11 STORE 4556 as you can see on the 124 tab excel copied the 1st H trailer into the corresponding spot on the 124DS tab, however, when I tried to add in a TEXTJOINT function to gather ALL “H” trailers from this sheet I kept getting a BLANK feedback, a value error, or name error. Either way I can’t get the TEXTJOINT function to correspond with the worksheet correctly.
124 TAB (BELOW)

1632946653511.png

124DS TAB (below) with if function operating

1632946666011.png

1632946686977.png

That’s just one of my issue. The other one may have to be rectified before trying to figure the TEXTJOINT issue. Is this. In my formula I have excel automatically calculate a total my SL trailers by using: this function

The function works perfect for counting. HOWEVER I was trying to incorporate a similar function that would help me keep track of all the “ H ” trailers with a value. For example You see in the picture that all of my trailers that are H are H only but just as the SL the trailers should be like this:

StoreTrailerPercentage (SL/H)
511112345620H

Yet if I write an IF function telling it to collect all values in the percent box that has the letter “H” in or as as I tried to string it “*H” it doesn’t work and this is something I need to work to be able to accurately populate all of my 12*DS tabs.

Any help is appreciated thank you so much you are all wonderful and amazing

I wanted to attach a copy of my worksheet but i'm on my work computer and the domain is blocked

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BB_Unlv

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back