mickeystanford_alumni

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
Hi guys, hope you are good.
I have a very complex formula that I need to build, not sure if using vba, just a long complex formula. I am struggling like never.

I will try to explain it well but it is not easy so lets go. To give some context it is a database I want to create with origin and destinations of sales. So, If I make a sale from Europe to the USA, then I want that number to be there.

I have 2 sheets:
- 1st sheet: it contains a matrix with data from different countries (those countries are the destinations were sales are done) and sales in each of the months. The countries are in a drop list button, which is one of the things that it is complicating my life that much. See below.
- ->2nd part (in the same sheet): it contains the origin where those sales were made. So when you choose your drop button list and you say Europe, then you have dozens of tables like the one below ("Table 2"). In this case, the table shows that the origin is USA, and all the other sheets contain the other origins such as Mexico, Chile, etc.

-2nd sheet: it contains the sheet I want to obtain. It has in column A Country name (this is country of destination). Then it includes the sales for each month. Here, what I want to do is and as you can see, I wrote 'Drop Down Button 2 that I will put'.

This is the fun part. Above each of the months, I want to choose every day the country of origin. So if I choose USA as origin, then automatically my excel goes to Sheet 1, chooses Europe from the drop list button (in yellow) [Why Europe? Because in Sheet 2, my first country is Europe ] then it goes to the tables below there, and it chooses origin USA, the value of 'Jan', in '2021/2022' and plugs the number. If instead, I want the origin to show Mexico, I choose Europe and then it takes the Mexican origin from the tables generated below. Tricky part is the range is kind of big, as every country of origin has a table with the years. (an Index match formula would be a way, however, the other ifs I want to apply are tricky).

Any small ideas are greatly appreciated as I am struggling so so so much.

Thank you guys.

SHEET 1

DROP LIST BUTTON WITH COUNTRIES
TOTALJANFEBMARAPRMAYJUNJULAUGSEPOCTNOVDEC
28​
-​
-​
-​
-​
-​
-​
-​
-​
9​
4​
6​
9​
74​
9​
9​
9​
9​
9​
4​
1​
-​
4​
5​
6​
9​
47​
6​
6​
6​
6​
1​
4​
1​
-​
4​
4​
-​
9​
87​
6​
9​
9​
9​
9​
5​
9​
9​
4​
4​
5​
9​
60​
5​
5​
5​
5​
5​
5​
5​
4​
6​
5​
5​
5​
48​
1​
5​
5​
5​
5​
5​
5​
5​
5​
1​
5​
1​
55​
4​
4​
5​
5​
5​
5​
5​
5​
5​
4​
4​
4​

TABLES GENERATED ONCE YOU CHOOSE 'EUROPE' FROM THE DROP LIST BUTTON ABOVE

ORIGINUSATOTALJANFEBMARAPRMAYJUNJULAUGSEPOCTNOVDEC
TOTALUSA2016/2017
TOTALUSA2017/2018
TOTALUSA2018/2019
TOTALUSA2019/2020
TOTALUSA2020/2021
TOTALUSA2021/2022
TOTALUSA2022/2023

THERE ARE DOZENS OF TABLES HERE WITH THE COUNTRY ORIGINS.

TABLE I WANT:

SALESSALESSALESETC
DROP DOWN BUTTON 2 THAT I WILL PUTDROP DOWNDROP DOWNETC
DESTINATION COUNTRYJANFEBMARAPRMAYJUNJULAUGSEPOCTNOVDEC
EUROPE
MEXICO
AUSTRALIA

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
I do not follow your explanation. If the data are coming from a database, do you have all of the data in a standardized format, in a single table, perhaps organized like this?
Book1
ABCD
1OriginDestinationDateQty or Sales
2USAEurope1/15/20203
3USAMexico1/16/20204
4MexicoEurope3/15/20202
Sheet5

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back