JWalker Menu FaceID xla

Skippy

Board Regular
I re-organized my files and moved JWalker's faceids.xla to a different location. When I opened Excel, I got a message that the xla could not be found. No problem. I went into the add-ins menu item and re-specified it's location. It loads as a submenu item under Tools. When I leave Excel and open it again, I get the message that the xla can't be found. I checked under Tools and the FaceID submenu has disappeared. Any reason why Excel "loses" the location of the xla?

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
I wouldn't think so. When you first open Excel, clear out the error message. Go to Tools | Addins, uncheck J-Walk's addin, click Ok. Close Excel, reopen, Tools | Addins, reinstall J-Walk's addin. Close Excel, reopen. Same problem?

Upvote 0
That's what I originally tried so decided to post here in case someone could help. Perplexing indeed.

Upvote 0
I just noticed something. Even though I had gone through the steps as described by firefytr, when I reopen Excel, the error message is pointing to the old location of the xla (even though I had specified a new location). As a short-term fix, I'll put it back in the old location. But would very interested if someone could explain what is happening.

Upvote 0
When you clear out the addin with the bad path, does it give you the prompt that it can no longer be found, asking if you want to clear the addin from the list? This is what you need to see.

Upvote 0
firefytr said:
When you clear out the addin with the bad path, does it give you the prompt that it can no longer be found, asking if you want to clear the addin from the list? This is what you need to see.
Yes it does and confirms that it can't find the file. Note my last post about the short-term fix.

Upvote 0
Try disabling all addins, closing excel, opening excel, enabling only J-Walk's addin. Still get the error after that?

Upvote 0
firefytr said:
Try disabling all addins, closing excel, opening excel, enabling only J-Walk's addin. Still get the error after that?
That worked! What happened?

Upvote 0
Sometimes Excel gets a screw loose and it helps to reset everything. Can't really give any specifics as I'm not too sure myself. Computers do funny things sometimes.

Glad to help!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andreguerra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back