Keep a Lookup "static"

gtd526

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,
Want to keep the listing 'static' or not rearranging the list, its still correct, but rearranged.
When I save the workbook, it rearranges the list.

NBA.xlsm
BCD
2ATLPORIND
Injuries
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
B2:D2B2=LOOKUP(2, 1/((COUNTIF($B$2:B2,Favs!$A$4:$A$29)=0)*(Favs!$A$4:$A$29<>"")),Favs!$A$4:$A$29)

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
If the source of the formula changes then the results will change, that is the basic principle of how they work.

There is not enough information contained in your post to indicate what is being rearranged and what you actually want.

Upvote 0
If the source of the formula changes then the results will change, that is the basic principle of how they work.

There is not enough information contained in your post to indicate what is being rearranged and what you actually want.
I don't edit data in the formula (or edit anything). I notice it only switches back and forth between B:C, D:E, F:G, etc. when I hit the save button. Maybe its the Lookup formula I'm using. Its not a major issue at this time. I call it 'preventative maintenance".

Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
B1:I1B1=LOOKUP(2, 1/((COUNTIF($B$1:B1,Favs!$A$4:$A$29)=0)*(Favs!$A$4:$A$29<>"")),Favs!$A$4:$A$29)
B2:I2B2=COUNTIF('Injury List'!$A:$A,B1)
B3:I3B3=IFERROR(INDEX('Injury List'!$B$3:$B$200,SMALL(IF(B$1='Injury List'!$A$3:$A$200,ROW('Injury List'!$A$3:$A$200)-ROW('Injury List'!$A$3)+1),1)),"")
B4:I4B4=IFERROR(INDEX('Injury List'!$B$3:$B$200,SMALL(IF(B$1='Injury List'!$A$3:$A$200,ROW('Injury List'!$A$3:$A$200)-ROW('Injury List'!$A$3)+1),2)),"")
B5:I5B5=IFERROR(INDEX('Injury List'!$B$3:$B$200,SMALL(IF(B$1='Injury List'!$A$3:$A$200,ROW('Injury List'!$A$3:$A$200)-ROW('Injury List'!$A$3)+1),3)),"")
B6:I6B6=IFERROR(INDEX('Injury List'!$B$3:$B$200,SMALL(IF(B$1='Injury List'!$A$3:$A$200,ROW('Injury List'!$A$3:$A$200)-ROW('Injury List'!$A$3)+1),4)),"")
B7:I7B7=IFERROR(INDEX('Injury List'!$B$3:$B$200,SMALL(IF(B$1='Injury List'!$A$3:$A$200,ROW('Injury List'!$A$3:$A$200)-ROW('Injury List'!$A$3)+1),5)),"")
B8:I8B8=IFERROR(INDEX('Injury List'!$B$3:$B$200,SMALL(IF(B$1='Injury List'!$A$3:$A$200,ROW('Injury List'!$A$3:$A$200)-ROW('Injury List'!$A$3)+1),6)),"")
B9:I9B9=IFERROR(INDEX('Injury List'!$B$3:$B$200,SMALL(IF(B$1='Injury List'!$A$3:$A$200,ROW('Injury List'!$A$3:$A$200)-ROW('Injury List'!$A$3)+1),7)),"")
B10:I10B10=IFERROR(INDEX('Injury List'!$B$3:$B$200,SMALL(IF(B$1='Injury List'!$A$3:$A$200,ROW('Injury List'!$A$3:$A$200)-ROW('Injury List'!$A$3)+1),8)),"")
B11:I11B11=IFERROR(INDEX('Injury List'!$B$3:$B$200,SMALL(IF(B$1='Injury List'!$A$3:$A$200,ROW('Injury List'!$A$3:$A$200)-ROW('Injury List'!$A$3)+1),9)),"")
B12:I12B12=IFERROR(INDEX('Injury List'!$B$3:$B$200,SMALL(IF(B$1='Injury List'!$A$3:$A$200,ROW('Injury List'!$A$3:$A$200)-ROW('Injury List'!$A$3)+1),10)),"")
B13:I13B13=IFERROR(INDEX('Injury List'!$B$3:$B$200,SMALL(IF(B$1='Injury List'!$A$3:$A$200,ROW('Injury List'!$A$3:$A$200)-ROW('Injury List'!$A$3)+1),11)),"")
B14:I14B14=IFERROR(INDEX('Injury List'!$B$3:$B$200,SMALL(IF(B$1='Injury List'!$A$3:$A$200,ROW('Injury List'!$A$3:$A$200)-ROW('Injury List'!$A$3)+1),12)),"")
B15:I15B15=IFERROR(INDEX('Injury List'!$B$3:$B$200,SMALL(IF(B$1='Injury List'!$A$3:$A$200,ROW('Injury List'!$A$3:$A$200)-ROW('Injury List'!$A$3)+1),13)),"")
B17:I17B17=B1
Press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to enter array formulas.

Upvote 0
There is nothing in any of those formulas that would change when you save.

If any of the cells that the formulas refer to contain volatile functions such as RAND() TODAY() NOW() RANDBETWEEN() (maybe others) then those would change when you save which would mean that these formulas will then be recalculated to reflect the changes of the volatile functions in the other cells.

Likewise if you have any vba in your sheet that is being triggered when you save, live data from a web page that is being refreshed, or anything similar then that could be making changes which have a knock on effect.

Upvote 0
There is nothing in any of those formulas that would change when you save.

If any of the cells that the formulas refer to contain volatile functions such as RAND() TODAY() NOW() RANDBETWEEN() (maybe others) then those would change when you save which would mean that these formulas will then be recalculated to reflect the changes of the volatile functions in the other cells.

Likewise if you have any vba in your sheet that is being triggered when you save, live data from a web page that is being refreshed, or anything similar then that could be making changes which have a knock on effect.
Ya, the data for the Names is being received 'from Web' in excel, on another worksheet. I use index,match to receive the data used in the Lookup formula. Everything rolls downhill, if the data involved in the Lookup formula is via 'from Web', which is being updated automatically, it affects the Lookup formula, which then refreshes.
thanks for the info and reply.

Upvote 0
In that case, the only way to stop the formula updating would be to stop the query updating (if possible).

Alternatively you could try setting calculation to manual, but that will affect all formulas.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b1step2far

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back