Keep Getting Circular Reference

jerk21189

Hi there,

My excel file keeps giving me circular reference status no matter how I changed my formula. Even if I randomly typed =IF(OFFSET(G64,0,2)<>0,0,1) in the formula bar, where G64 is simply a blank cell, it keeps saying this is circular reference. How can I solve this? Thanks!

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
Hi there,

My excel file keeps giving me circular reference status no matter how I changed my formula. Even if I randomly typed =IF(OFFSET(G64,0,2)<>0,0,1) in the formula bar, where G64 is simply a blank cell, it keeps saying this is circular reference. How can I solve this? Thanks!
The circular reference is not dependent on cell G64, rather, it is dependent on cell I64 (the cell 2 columns offset from G64).

Upvote 0
Thanks very much! However, I64 was also a blank cell. Any idea why I keep getting that error note?
Cell I64 is blank... it does not have a formula in it? If that is the case, then I am afraid I cannot tell you why you are getting that error. Maybe if we can see your workbook (assuming it is not referencing any foreign files or other workbooks), then maybe we could see the error happening and try and trace it from there. Any chance you can post a copy of the workbook to, say, DropBox so that we can download it ourselves?

Upvote 0
Cell I64 is blank... it does not have a formula in it? If that is the case, then I am afraid I cannot tell you why you are getting that error. Maybe if we can see your workbook (assuming it is not referencing any foreign files or other workbooks), then maybe we could see the error happening and try and trace it from there. Any chance you can post a copy of the workbook to, say, DropBox so that we can download it ourselves?

Hi Rick,

Thanks very much for your kind help. The file is attached here. In the "Rent Roll" Tab, Cell I72, where I also put a comment, keeps getting circular reference error, even though I just enter a random blank cell reference. Thanks again!

Dropbox - MrExcel.xlsx

Upvote 0
Still no Circular Reference error for me in cell I72. Have you removed anything from cell F67 before sharing the file with us?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shantanu2024

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back