Keep text flashing when reopening document

steelers777

The text I want to flash does flash but when I close the program out then reopen it, a message pops up to disable or enable macros. No matter which one I click on the text doesn't keep flashing UNTIL I go back to TOOLS then go to macros and click back on the repeat one second setting again. Is there anyway I can get this text to keep on flashing without going through the process each time I open the excel document up?

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
Excel macro security does not test for any virus, it only looks for active code module in the workbook. The warrning that a Virus may exsist is over dramatic. Some people think this protects them from bad code, if Excel security warns you that the workbook you are opening has code?

I use many levels of security as should everyone, FireWall, Virus checking-stopping software, spy-ware stopping software and pop-up blockers and others. I run code and do not as a rule download other peoples workbooks, So I turn Excel security off, by setting it to Low!
This way my code runs without a security message and does not stop open event code.

Try setting your security to low.
Excel ToolBar: Tools - Macro - Security, [Security Level] Low, [Trusted Sources] Trust access to the visual basic project, Should be Checked, also you should check-mark the Allow Addins, as well, or don't if you do not use then.

This should let your code work right?
If not then something is wrong, do you have your flashing code in the "Thisworkbook" code module as the Open Event, as it should be?

Upvote 0
If not then something is wrong, do you have your flashing code in the "Thisworkbook" code module as the Open Event, as it should be?

HOW DO I DO THAT? SORRY FOR A STUPID QUESTION BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW THE "THISWORKBOOK" CODE MODULE AND THE OPEN EVENT MEANS OR HOW TO FIX THAT OR CHECK THAT. SUGGESTIONS?

Upvote 0
Thanks h.h.

You should not open a new post, when the question is about a problem with a topic.

In the VBA Editor, Project Explorer Double click the "ThisWorkbook" then in the edit window Top two boxs, first
box click the dropdown, select "Workbook". Then in the
box dropdown select "Open"

then find your code copy your code, without the Sub-End Sub and paste it into the Open Event. Save close re-open the workbook. If you get an error then some of the code may be in need of some cleaning up. Most times it is minor like how and which Sheets are Selected or worked with.​

Upvote 0
Option Explicit

Dim NextTime As Date
Sub RepeatOneSec()
Application.Calculate
NextTime = Now() + TimeSerial(0, 0, 1)
Application.OnTime NextTime, "RepeatOneSec"
End Sub
Sub EndProcess()
Application.OnTime NextTime, "RepeatOneSec", , False
End Sub

This is the code I had in there. Should I take something out?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iparraguirre89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back