keep the column width constant after a pivot table update

Sanj

I am using Excel 2000, on Windows 2000 professional operating system.

In my excel sheet i have a large pivot table, but after i refresh the data in the pivot table the first column(column A, which just shows the names of different regions in the world) shrinks in size and the text is not readable.
I have to then manually re-size the column each time which is a pain, since i refresh the pivot tables several times a day.

Is there some way i can keep the column width constant after an pivot table update??

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
Re: keep the column width constant after a pivot table updat

Say, for example, you wanted to set the width of column A in sheet1 to 25 after updating, just add the following on to the end of your code:

Worksheets("Sheet1").Columns(1).ColumnWidth = 25

Hope this helps.

Tim

Upvote 0

Thanks for that.

But that will affect the width of the column right down the excel sheet....am i right?

The problem i will have then, is the data i have furhter down the sheet in column A will also change in size.
I actually only want to have a fixed column lenght for the data in say cells A10 through to A25. Any suggestions on how i can do this??

Upvote 0

As far as I know, the only way to do that would be to add another column next to it and put the information further down the page into the new columumn, and then merge cells in the two columns for the range that needs to be wider, then you might not need the code that I gave you originally. Other than that, stumped, pretty much...

Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but you can set the width of a column for only certain rows...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SarahSomethingExcel100

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back