Keeping a hyperlink in once place...!

Anthony G.

Hello to all:

I'm trying to avoid the use of macros in a particular report, so I've opted for hyperlinks, in which case, I have listed across the top of the page. Being that I froze the Window Panes right down the middle, if a user scrolls to the right, half of the links go with it. Any suggestions?

By the Way, the links simply refer to Worksheet names within the Workbook.

Thanks,

Anthony

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
I'm sure this is obvious to you, but can the links be put down the left side, maybe in an additional column to the left of the freeze column.

Or, could an additional row be added at the top of the worksheet so that the links that disappear when scrolling to the right could be put in new row over in the left hand pane.

Or, could an additional worksheet be added that just contained the links.

I know, not the most ingenious suggestions.

Upvote 0
Thank You for the feeback....I had already experimented in similar ways to your three suggestions and was looking for a fourth...Let's keep on thinking!!!

Take Care

Upvote 0
What about just one link on the left side of the sheet that is alway visible that takes you to where first of the links that disappear reside. So if H1 has a link and the freeze is also at H1, there is a link in A1 that takes you to H1. This would take two clicks of the mouse to get where you need to go but would be much easier than scolling back or going to another worksheet for the links.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back