Keeping combo boxes populated when switching between tabs within a form?

TotalRapture

Hi there! I have a form to search various tables depending on what tab the user has selected, however, once the search criteria has been input if the user switches tabs it clears the search criteria. The search, a series of combo boxes, is fixed and not embedded within the tabs, so I was wondering if there is a way for me to keep the search criteria populated when switching between to make for easier comparisons.

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.

jackd

Office Version
I think we need to see some sample data to better understand the need. If the search is for various tables depending on what tab the user has selected, wouldn't that be a focused search. And when you change tabs, you'd be searching else/another table.
Perhaps you can record the search criteria in a variable and go back to it when needed, but readers need to know more about your search processes - in my view.

TotalRapture

No, you're absolutely correct. Thanks for reaching out! It looks like there was a function built as an event on tab change that was clearing them so I just had to go in there and change it. I thought it might've been built into MS-Access and thus had a setting.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RafalKowalski

This Week's Hot Topics